Monday, April 27, 2009

Perspective

Today I recaptured a project I worked on two years ago, and I was struck immediately how foreign my work looks. It's a fine project by itself, but it just looks so different from what I made last week in a general sense.

It's easy to get wrapped into a bubble of the moment, so it is good to see that my work is evolving into something that I think is better.

This comes a few days after watching the effects demo reel for a local production house, and feeling that I have no bloody idea how to create effects outside of your basic green screen gag. It was really humbling, and further confirmation that my experience and skills cover a very narrow slice of the production universe. You can only know so much, I suppose, and the only way to gain new skills is to work on projects that take you in new directions. It's a bit of a chicken/egg situation.

Peter

No comments: