Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Missing Avid Feature #1

Recently I needed to import a series of QuickTime videos into my Avid Media Composer, and it took longer than it should have. I only needed the audio track of each QT, not the video, but the import function within Avid doesn't have a function to choose whether you want audio, video, or both. The result was the import needed an hour when it could have been done in under 5 minutes.

QuickTime Pro may have allowed me to export just the audio track as a new file, and that is something I will have to purchase and test. My point is that ideally I wouldn't need the extra software to do this, as this issue applies to every type of media file: QT, Windows Media, Real Media, etc.

I spend too much time developing workarounds as it is, I don't need to spend more.

Peter

No comments: